Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium 1YR Subscription
MobileMe: Errors sending messages in Entourage
This alert message may appear when sending a message from your me.com or mac.com account in Entourage in Mac OS X:
"This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. The reason for the failure is: An error occurred while delivering this message via the smtp server: [your-configured-server]".
- Open Entourage.
- From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab.
- Double-click the affected account.
- Click the Account Settings tab and verify that the outgoing (SMTP) server is: smtp.me.com (for either me.com or mac.com addresses)
- Click "Click here for advanced sending options."
- Verify the following settings:
- Enable "SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)"
- Enable "Override default SMTP port:" and enter 587
- Enable "SMTP server requires authentication" and choose "Log on using"
- For Account ID, enter your MobileMe member name (without "@me.com" or "@mac.com")
- For Password, enter your MobileMe password
- Click the small close box in the upper-left corner of the window, then click OK.
- Close the Accounts window.
If you still need help resolving this issue, please fill out the form at http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ww.
- MobileMe mail messages are missing
- MobileMe, Mail: Copying MobileMe or IMAP email messages to your hard disk
- MobileMe: Mail messages do not appear, or "disappear" while looking at them
- MobileMe: An email message deleted in a Mail application may immediately not appear as deleted in other Mail applications or devices
- MobileMe: iPhone/iPod touch mail only updates when a new message is received or when checking mail manually, if Push is enabled