Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium 1YR Subscription
Framework errors generally fall into two types:
If you receive a framework error after applying an update, try the following steps. Test after each step to see if problem is fixed.
- Move the Microsoft User Data folder from Documents to the desktop. Let Entourage create a new blank one. If the problems go away, you can copy needed files from the removed MUD folder. Your mail is stored in the Office xxxx Identities folder. Verify permissions on folders.
- Re-apply recent Office updates.
- Download the combo updater from Apple and run it again rather than using Software Update. Doing so overwrites potentially problem-causing files.
If you are still having problems.....
Use "Remove Office" to remove files. "Remove Office" is an application found in the Microsoft Office Additional Tools folder. "Remove Office" removes both preference files and custom templates, so you should make a backup copy of the preferences and templates in another location on the machine before running the removal tool. You'll also need your CD key when you re-install.
- Install from CD
- Restart and Repair Permissions
- Apply All updaters (After your computer restarts, use AutoUpdate to check for updates, and then download and install the Updates or download standalone updaters from Mactopia)
- Restart and Repair Permissions
Eject your Time Machine drive to speed up the installer looking for volumes with Office installed. During the install process if it appears to stall with a spinning rainbow, give it some time, then some more time and lastly even more time. It will eventually come out of the apparant crash and finish.
Using "Remove Office" does not delete your Microsoft User Data folder that contains your email messages. Remove Office does not remove any documents or personal settings you have saved. However, there are rare cases after running an installer where data goes missing. Making a backup is always advised when updating software. The folder you need to backup is your Microsoft User Data folder located in Documents.
YOUR USER FOLDER/Documents/Microsoft User Data
This will not require you to run the Setup Assistant again. If you do want the Setup Assistant to run, you will need to delete your Microsoft preferences OR manually run the Setup Assistant in the
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/folder
If the combo updater did not fix the underlying system files, you might need to do an "Archive & Install".
Archive and Install Basics:
1) Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc and double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
2) Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select the destination disk, select your current Mac OS X disk (in most cases, it will be the only one available).
3) Click Options. If you want to save your existing files, users, and network settings, select “Archive and Install,” and then select “Preserve Users and Network Settings.” If you want to erase everything on your computer and reinstall Mac OS X, select “Erase and Install.” You can’t recover erased data.
4) Click Continue.
5) Click Customize to select which parts of Mac OS X you’d like to install, or click Install to perform a basic installation (recommended).
Once the install has finished, your system will be at whatever level the disk you have is. So if your Install DVD/CD disk is 10.5.0, that's what version of OS will be on your Mac. You will need to download the appropriate Combo Updater from Apple's site to restore the system to a higher version. After you run the combo, allow Software Update to download and install any additional updates.
Lastly, in rare cases, some users have had to do an "Erase & Install" of their system files.
An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library.
- This behavior may occur if files in the Office Identities:Identity folder are locked.
- This error also shows up when trying to open an updated identity with a non-updated copy of Office. For example. You were using Entourage 11.4 and did a "Remove Office". You try to open your Identity before updating from the install CD version 11.0. You could get this error or "This Identity Cannot Be Opened With This Version of Entourage". The database was updated in one of the early updates and will not open until you update Office.
RESOLUTION To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Quit any Office programs that are currently running.
- On the desktop, open your computer's hard disk, and then locate the following folder: Hard disk :Users: User_Name :Documents:Microsoft User Data: Office xxxx Identities
- Open the folder for the affected identity. Verify that files in the Identity folder are not locked.
Easy Fix. Move the Microsoft User Data folder to the desktop. Let Entourage create a new Microsoft User Data folder. Copy back subfolders. Compare the old permissions with the newly created ones. More help see Verify Permissions.