Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium 1YR Subscription
- An e-mail alias is simply a forwarding e-mail address.
- Some hosts allow more than one e-mail address to be sent to the same mailbox via an e-mail alias.
The alias account has to be set up in a slightly different way.
- There's no need to specify any incoming server information;
- any mail sent to your alias will be redirected automatically to your main identity,
- if you fill in the incoming server information, you would receive duplicates of any e-mail messages sent to the alias account.
When you save you will see this window indicating you need to add additional info. Click OK.
You might want to add S/O in the account name to indicate it's a Send Only account.
Many users use a fake no spam address on the newsgroups. See Create a Fake NoSpam Account for newsgroups.